Seriously / Love Monday
Holy Monday, I’m not sure if I’m prepared for this week, let the deep breathing commence.
- That daylight savings happened on yesterday which means two great things I’m back aligned in time with Arizona friends who don’t participate in the ridiculous act of clock switching. And!! Working as a canvasser we have one extra hour of daylight so I’m not such a creeper at Portlanders doors after dark.
- Canvassing for OSPIRG last week I met an artist from Los Angeles, relocated to Portland. He builds amazing sculptural pieces from paper, my favorite of the pieces I got to see was in their living room it covered the entire wall and was from a perspective I had never seen before. Looking beyond the Earth, but included awesome, hills, and mountains, trees and the ocean, but in the center was almost like a window to look through and beyond was the Universe we are a part of, billions of stars, and our neighboring planets.
- Sizzle Pie, it feels great to have vegan pizza options sold by slice!
- New friends especially the ones that share their bed so I can wake up closer to work until I find the perfect homestead where I want to be, thanks Evelyn.
- Sunny Days in Portland are the best, after spending years in the South West completely under-appreciating the amount of beautiful days during all seasons. We had some golden sunny days last week that it was imperative I stop and love the sun.
- Smart People.
- Take Back The Tap Watch DOT ORG
- VEGAN bagels and cream cheese from Kettleman’s Bagels (I inhale them).
- Since making the Vegan switch on October 24, 2011 I have shed a total of 50 pounds! Now to get cracking on some summer abs, and overall strength from good ol’ squats, lunges, and push ups.
- That I don’t need to look hard to find something to do for FREE or CHEAP, I just check out Evelyn Thorne’s badass and super informative event blog PORTLANDIA OF THE FREE(OR CHEAP) if you live in Portland or happen to be visiting definitely check it out to find out the “Weekly Haps” which include anything from: Naked Spelling Bees, Open Mics, Brew Competitions, Gallery Openings, Movies, Music, and Plays.
Hmmmm… there are too many things it would throw the love at the top off balance, so this week NO SERIOUSLY.